On a previous post about creating your own submission service I briefly talked about submission software such as IBP Arelis and submiteaze that could help get the job done faster and create reports of submissions.
I recently received the codes and passwords to the website submitter software from the company that owns it and I gave it a try. It was very nice gesture and I thank them for it. This is a brief review in my sort usage of it but keep in mind that its not a paid review.
What does a directory submission program supposed to do ?
Have a database of free or reciprocal directories that the owner can easily cycle through and with a press of a few buttons fill in the directory forms and submit his/her websites.
This program's specific features and strong points are:
- takes you directly to the submit page of each directory if possible
- It has a database of more than 3000+ directories included
- Can add your own directories to the database
- Can report a bad directory directly to the developer
- Ability to choose directories to submit by PR or subject from a easily filtered database
- live PR of directory displayed when submitting
- automatic picking of category (not always succeful)
- works with all the directory scripts I have tried (phpld, indexscript, indexu etc)
Some of the areas the program would need some improvement sorted by importance:
- Better matching of the category, even specifying more than one keyword and upon finding more than one matches the user gets notified to chose among the different matches
- Need more than two status choices (submitted, failed) I propose adding "don't want to submit"
- Ability to change attributes of any directory in the database, like the option to select a few and mark them submitted (in case one has submit to them manually)
- automatic picking of category is not always correct, search is looking for the word specified on the setting of each project, but stops searching when a match is found (a second match usually exists and might be more appropriate)
- Already filled out forms should not be changed on reload of submit form (in case of a mistake form reloads and at times some fields are changed by the software)
- incorporate shortcuts for freequently done tasks (i.e. let enter act as a form submitter)
- make a loading indicator more visible (the text on the bottom statusbar is not noticeable)
- ability to add labels on directories, our directories and the included directories and search with those labels
Overall it is a very nice software, recomended for anyone that is doing this kind of work on a day to day basis, saving them a lot of time.
But don't take my word for it; just try it. Download the trial version install it, watch the this video for an introduction and judge for yourself.